Thursday 30 December 2010

Ombré

It began with Drew. At a first glance, it appeared as though she simply needed her roots doing, at a second I realised that the colour change was occurring slightly further down her mane; specifically the ends. The idea is that your hair is lighter at the ends then at the roots and changes in a gradual hue; kind of like applying a gradient map to your hair. I’m becoming more and more tempted to try this on my hair; although maybe I’ll wait till the snow melts as it’s quite a summery look. All my favourites are at it; Alexa Chung, Rachel Bilson and notably Leighton Meester- another Girl-Crush of mine.

Ombré hair was just one of the looks in the December beauty shoot that she did for Marie Claire. She looked beautiful and made rock-chic look elegant by balancing out a glitter mouth with a naked eye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment