Friday 13 May 2011

Shoreditch High Street Station

ShoI was walking under the bridge near Shoreditch High Street Station and pasted onto a wall was a series of photographs.


How exciting! I love guerilla art like this; I think it's so much more exciting to stumble upon on photography like this, instead of seeing it up in a gallery somewhere. Here is my favourite of the images- an anonymous figure dressed up for the camera and accompanied by a quote by the fallen angel Galliano; "Dressing up. People just don't do it anymore. We have to change that."


The idea of stumbling upon someone's art reminds me of something I found a few years ago on one of the boarded up buildings in Northern Quarter, Manchester. 


I wish more designers would do things like this- not only is a cheap, effective way of getting your work noticed but from an anonymous point of view- it could simply just make a stranger smile.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, I find that so nice!- enjoy your weekend! x

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete